Size Review: All Those Explosions Were Someone Else's Fault

 Welcome to Size Review! When I do one of these, I take a look at material that has some size play of some sort or another. Today, we are looking at the mainstream superhero novel 'All Those Explosions Were Someone Else's Fault.'




I actually picked this one up last summer for a bargain price of $4.95, namely because of that title. I mean, you couldn't ask for a more eye-catching title on a book. Plus the synopsis really seemed like it would fit in my wheelhouse.

Monsters are real.
But so are heroes.

Sparks are champions of weird science. Boasting capes and costumes and amazing super-powers that only make sense if you don't think about them too hard, they fight an eternal battle for truth and justice . . . mostly.

Darklings are creatures of myth and magic: ghosts, vampires, were-beasts, and the like. Their very presence warps reality. Doors creak at their approach. Cobwebs gather where they linger.

Kim Lam is an ordinary college student until a freak scientific accident (what else?) transforms Kim and three housemates into Sparks--and drafts them into the never-ending war between the Light and Dark. They struggle to master their new abilities--and (of course) to design cool costumes and come up with great hero-names.

Turns out that "accident" was just the first salvo in a Mad Genius's latest diabolical scheme. Now it's up to four newbie heroes to save the day, before they even have a chance to figure out what their team's name should be!

So, a superhero fantasy. Perfect escapism, especially when we are all in the middle of a pandemic. But little did I know, this book has a surprising amount of size material, particularly of the shrunken woman variety.

Our main heroine, a geology student, ends up getting shrinking powers. When she shrinks, her body becomes as hard as stone. What results is a ton of different scenarios for our heroine, including a lot of crawling under doors, and some fun fight sequences that feel right out of an Ant-Man comic. One such scene that I will highlight here concerns a battle with a skeleton-like creature.


"I pictured growing to thumbnail size and it happened, no fuss, no bother. I adjusted my height so I straddled the molar: one foot on either side as I stood on the adjacent teeth..."

"...I reefed out that molar like plucking a daisy with a steam shovel." 


Needless to say, some of the battle sequences have some softcore vore stuff, so if that isn't your thing, you have been warned.

Another scene later has our heroine determined to find out just how small she can become, voicing the phrase..."My shrinking has no limit." And then... Well...She starts to shrink. 

There's a wide variety of sizes for shrunken woman fans throughout, and all of this came as a pleasant surprise to me as I read it. :)

There is a sequel novel, which I have also read. (They Promised Me The Gun Wasn't Loaded.) While it is an entertaining read as well, it is told from a different character's POV, making our shrinking heroine more of a side character. However, as it stands, I would recommend both of these novels for the superhero literature fans. And if you are a shrinking woman fan? Well, you don't see much mainstream stuff like this.


Both 'All Those Explosions Were Someone Else's Fault' and 'They Promised Me The Gun Wasn't Loaded' are available to order on Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Could Have Been: Shrunken Stand-Up Comic

Always The Small One

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *